Monday, November 10, 2008

All things red


Well, not all things. Just blood! I volunteered at the Blood Drive that we had today at school. My AP English teacher's daughter, Olivia, had leukemia when she was 5 (she is now 11 and has been cured). She received several transfusions, and our school hosts blood drives every year in her honor. I helped to serve people juice, water, and baked goods after they gave blood this afternoon. 
This red day started out promptly at 7:45. I had a much needed sleep in this morning. After getting dressed up in my new boots and scarf, I made my oatmeal. Normal bowl of course- sorry I am so boring!!

School was, well, school today. The most exciting part of my day was meeting with the school doctor (which I do weekly) and my piano lesson. Both of which went alright. After the doctors and piano I had Spanish 3 Honors, AP U.S. History, free block, and then AP English. During my free block I was insane with work- as I figured I was going to be. At home this morning I threw some random items in my bag that I could create a "lunch" with. I started off with a Oscar Mayer Shaved Turkey Breast Singles pack for some protein. Next I had a cup of fruit salad that I grabbed in the dining hall quickly, because I figured it would help to round out my meal. After the fruit salad I snacked on a bad of Wise Buttered Popcorn, and then concluded lunch with a South Beach Diet Raspberry Chocolate bar (tastes like dessert while packing serious protein and fiber!). It was a random, snack like meal-- but good.
The rest of my day consisted of volunteering. I got home close to 5PM, and was hungry so I splurged and devoured a banana baby before I could snatch a pic. At about 6:15 I asked my mom what we were doing because I was starving. She said she wanted corn chowder, and to put on some soup. She and my sister split a can of Progresso Chicken Corn Chowder. I had a bowl full of Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup, along with 1/2 Joseph's Pita cut into triangles for dipping. For some veggies I had a bag full of Grimmay Farms Baby Carrots that I snatched from Cosi. I also had a Cliff Kid Z-Bar, and then a Pumpkin Frosted Cookie for a treat (I forgot how amazing these are!!).

I am going to Boston tomorrow with my mom and sister because my mom has a business meeting in the John Hancock building. I need to get to bed earlier- we're waking up at 5 to leave by 6AM!!
Night snack/meal was nothing new. I had a Shaw's Raisin Light English Muffin alongside a Yoplait Thick & Creamy, an unsweetened applesauce, and a Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut Almond bar. This hit the spot as always.


Wake-up time: 5AM! Better go get some sleep ASAP.

No comments: