Saturday, November 8, 2008

Grit and Grammar


Saturday morning classes are just the best idea since sliced bread huh? Today was an odd block Saturday, which meant we had blocks 1, 3, 5, and 7. I have block 1 free, so I got to sleep in until 7:45AM, which felt great. After waking up I quickly got dressed and had my normal bowl of oats, but for some reason it tasted better than normal today (not that it's normally not good).
Next I hopped into the car with my mom and headed to class!!
My class schedule today went like this:
Block 1- FREE
Block 3- Spanish 3 Honors
Block 5- Algebra II
Block 7- A.P. English/American Lit
We have odd block Saturdays every other week, and every Saturday that I have English class we play Grammar games. There are two organized teams, and we face off to answer grammar questions and correct sentences. This competition continues throughout the term, and after the end of the term the team with the most overall wins gets a donut feed. So far my team, Grit and Grammar (A play on "Grit and Grace" just like my blog title!) has won 3 of the games, while the other team has won 0. With only 2 more odd block Saturdays left in the term, we already won the donut feed!
After class I went home and laid in my bed. Ever since math class, I really haven't been feeling well. I have a horrible headache and I feel like I got hit by a truck. At about 1:15, I got up and made some lunch. I really just didn't have the strength to intelligently cook up a fun, innovative meal. I wasn't feeling up to it. I knew I needed a lunch that covered all the nutritional bases (carbs, veggies, fruit, protein, fat) so I went with a meal I believe you've seen before. I had a veggie sandwich on a pita with spicy mustard, diced peaches cup, Boston's Light Popcorn, Frigo Light Cheese Stick, and a Diet Coke of course. Pictured below is lunch all together with a glass of water and 2 Tylenol that I hope will kick in soon!
This was enjoyed while watching "What Not to Wear", which is one of my all time favorite guilty pleasures! My parents went to Verizon to get my mom a new phone and to fix our cellphone plan, because our bill is legit $500 a month. Both of my parents use their phone for work. My dad even has 2 (a Moto Q for email and a regular phone). So between all the minutes we use, my dad's Moto Q email use, my Blackberry email use, and all my sisters texting- you can imagine our bill is ridiculous. I was going to go with my parents and go shopping around the Verizon store, but I just wasn't feeling up to it.
Oh- my mom just called! She ended up getting a Blackberry Curve, just like me!!
By the way, no matter how sick I feel there always room for a sweet treat! Today it was a Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Jello Pudding.

I have to babysit for my Dad's client tonight. What a way to spend my only night off. Ugh. Oh well, it's money!

No comments: