Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We're all in this together


Yeah so, I ended up going to HSM3 again and staying awake through the whole thing. I took my sister to the 7PM showing. I was sitting in the movie and I looked at my sister and said OH MY GOD I FORGOT TO EAT DINNER. Weird cause that rarely happens. So when I got home- dinner was #1 on my priority list. This also means that I will have to have another midnight snack tonight! It's okay, god knows I will be up!! Anyways, the movie was cute and the ended was good but very cliche. 
Before we went into the theater, we stopped in Rite Aid to get cheap drinks for the movie, and to get Pepcid AC for Lucy the dog (who we got to pick up finally!) While were were there, I picked up 2 more Snicker's Low Carb Marathon Bars but in the chocolate flavor. I also bought a box of the Atkins Advantage Bar that I tried yesterday and loved, as well as a single of the Peanut Butter Nougat flavor. The picture is minus the one Snickers Bar that I ate with dinner. 
I was so famished when I got home I threw together something quick. I made a Boca Vegan Veggie Burger that we bought today during our stop at Shaw's. I had this on a Country Kitchen Light Wheat Roll, and topped it with alfalfa sprouts and yellow mustard. On the side I had a serving of baby carrots, about 10 Light Fat Free Sour Cream & Onion Pringles, and one of the Peanut Butter flavored Snickers Marathon Bars (review below). I felt much much better after eating my dinner!

Components from dinner-
Boca Vegan Veggie Burger


Snickers Marathon Low Carb Lifestyle Bar
Serving Size: 1 bar (50 g)
Calories: 170
Total Fat: 7g
Sat. Fat: 2g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 310mg
Potassium: 180mg
Total Carb.: 18g
Dietary Fiber: 8g
Sugars: 1g
Sugar Alcohols: 7g
Protein: 18g
I was really impressed with the stats on this bar. No HFCS, plenty of Potassium, 100% DV Vitamin C, E, and B, 50% DV Calcium, 8 grams of Fiber (which surprised me!), and 18 grams of Protein! This bar did I great job making me feel better after not eating dinner at a normal time. Overall, the taste was decent. I liked the bar I had last night better, however this one was pretty good too. I can imagine this bar would make a great afternoon snack to hold me over before dinner, or a good snack to bring with me to school for when I need something. It has excellent staying power. Plus, it was a nice sized bar. I will definitely be eating these again.
Dessert tonight was one of my favorites- a Diana's Banana Baby. Found in the health food section is my only excuse for these chocolate covered frozen bananas. I will do a review later.
Time to finish homework!!

Edit: Guess what time it is? Late. I'm updating and then hitting the hay. Night snack/meal was fun today!! I started with a Eggo Nutri-Grain Low Fat Waffle topped with a little tiny bit of strawberry jam and a drizzle of Howard's Sugar Free Syrup. Next I had my classic Yoplait Thick & Creamy! To conclude, I treated myself to something I used to love but haven't had in forever, but remembered thanks to a talk I had with an online friend today. NUTELLA!
I had 1 tablespoon worth out of this jar-

On my spoon-


And all together from above-


I'm off to bed! Finally right? See you tomorrow.

No comments: