Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Freezer Diggin'


Before I had to leave for babysitting I had a fast afternoon snack and quickly did the same 20 minute ONDemand workout that I did yesterday. It felt great! 
Snack was something I have never tried before and really liked! I had a A Caramel Double Chocolate Crunch Atkins Advantage Bar. I think someone randomly gave me this- so I decided not to put it to waste. It was really yummy and very filling! I don't know how healthy it is, as I am sure it has HFCS (didn't check) but it was still really good. It had like 12 grams of protein, 160 calories, and was relatively large. I was impressed with its staying power, and this bar will definitely make it's way into my menus!

Afterwards, I rummaged through the freezer for dinner. I went back and forth between these two frozen meals until I decided that I wanted neither. So I went with a frozen Mahi Mahi filet instead! I knew that the people I was babysitting for would have lots of side options, so I just packed the fish and a treat.
Dinner was made while doing 234824 things at once! It was yummy though. I had the Mahi Mahi fillet, and added 1/2 cup of butternut squash and 1 cup of turnip greens and turnips (both of which I found in the freezer). I had never had turnip greens before, but I figured I would give them a try. I think I liked them, but I was too busy reading kids books and homework helping that I am not sure! I enjoyed my fish with yellow mustard on the side- EW right? Not for me! I love mustard on my fish, and always have. Actually, I like mustard on pretty much anything!
Dessert was another Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Jello that I mindlessly grabbed before leaving the house, so I figured why not?
Now I should explain that I am one that easily falls into the pattern of not eating enough, especially when breakfast is skipped. Once I do this one day, it becomes a bad pattern for me. To avoid this I had to force myself to squeeze in a few more snack/meals. When I came home from babysitting I had something I haven't had in a while- PB and J!
I took 2 slices of Country Kitchen Light Oatmeal bread (which I will be doing a review on later) and spread 1 tablespoon each of Peter Pan Whipped Creamy Peanut Butter and a little strawberry jam. I decided to use my grilled cheese maker to grill and warm and gooey! I had an apple that my sister picked form the orchard (hence the bruise) and a Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy on the side. YUM! This was delicious all around.
Can you believe I am up posting at 1:30AM? I can. I have sleeping issues- I am working on them! Hehe. Because I am up so late, it was easy fitting in another snack. The only issue is my carb/sweet cravings come on at night! I gave into my cravings and had two of my obsessions. A Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Nut Almond Bar and a Reeses Cup. I am kind of a sweets are carb girl. I try my best to balance out these loves with real foods, but sometimes I have a hard time doing so. I'm a teenager, so that's my excuse!

I made a discovery about Reeses today. I used to avoid them completely, as it was a fear food when I was deep in my ED. When I started eating them I realized it was stupid of me because in moderation they are fine. Plus, they're only like 90 calories so what was I freaking over?!? Well today I realized something else. I was being weird and looking at the ounces on the Reeses Cup, so I could compare their size to the size of the pack of 2 cups. I learned that the size of the snack cups vary from .55 ounce, .6 ounce, and .75 ounce. The .55 ounce has 80 calories, .6 ounce has 90 calories, and the .75 has 110. Funny because I bought the snack cups in a small package the other day and they are the .55 ounce. That's what I had tonight. I could care less about the size because a Reeses is a Reeses to me, but I just found that interesting.
Goodnight!


No comments: