Monday, November 3, 2008

Dinner and a movie!


My evening began with some leisurely time with my couch! I relaxed and watched "Mean Girls" on DVR while working on my blog layout. My afternoon snack was a Frigo Light cheese stick and a Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Nut Almond Bar.



 Around 5:30 I was feeling pretty damn lazy- so I got my butt up and did a 20 minute cardio kickboxing workout from ON Demand Exercise TV. It really got me going, and made me feel better even if it was only 20 minutes.
My mom had to bring my younger sister (Kelly, 12) to her concert choir rehearsal this evening. Kelly wanted to go to Panera Bread for dinner beforehand. She had to be at the school at 6:15, meaning that dinner was early for her. I wasn't feeling up to dinner so early, so I opted to stay home (this is when I did my workout). I gave my mom my order to bring back to me. I got a "U-Pick-2" 1/2 Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich (no mayo, with mustard) on sourdough bread and a 1/2 classic cafe salad (balsamic dressing on side as to not get soggy!). I chose to have an apple for my side choice. It was around 6:30 when I took my food out of the bag and I was pretty disappointed with the look of my sandwich. I normally really like this sandwich, but today I wasn't feeling it because my friendly (or not so friendly?) Panera employee forgot to put veggies on my sandwich. Plus, it looked too small. So I switched out the breads and added my own veggies to try and bulk it up. Instead of the tiny sourdough bread, I enjoyed my sandwich on two slices of Country Kitchen Light Oatmeal Bread.  The first picture is before (on Panera's bread) and the last two are the meal with my changes.
Dinner concluded with a simple dessert treat- a So Delicious Dairy-free Creamy Raspberry Bar. So delicious is right!!
Now I am off to see High School Musical 3! I am going all by myself to a kids movie, because I have a lot of friends and everything. Nah, it is just that most of my friends board at school so they cannot leave campus, but I am a day student.


Edits:
I fell asleep about 1/2 way through the movie! It was cute for what I saw of it, definitely the typical High School Musical though. Since home I have just been relaxing and being lazy. I had my usual (and fav) night time snack of a Shaw's brand light raisin english muffin spread with 1 tsp of Brummel and Brown yogurt margarine spread. Along with this I enjoyed a Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy.



 Now while I know that there are many other healthier, tastier yogurts out there, I cannot seem to pull myself away from the Yoplait Thick & Creamy. I just love it and I don't know why! I have tried Fage several times, and can't figure out how to make it likable. I have not tried any other brands of Greek yogurt. If anyone has any ideas about greek yogurts, or yogurt in general, I would appreciate it!

No comments: