Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wake me up!


I specifically told my mom that she needs to make sure I don't sleep too late on the weekends. She definitely spaced this morning. She woke me up at 1:19PM. AHHH! Well, I didn't go to bed until 4AM. My sleeping patterns are really messed up. My late awakening throws off my eating schedule, and makes me not hungry so I have to force it down. I took a quick shower and then started on breakfast/lunch. Today I had the same veggie sandwich on a pita with spicy brown mustard, an apple, a Frigo Light Cheese Stick, some Light Fat Free Pringles, and a leftover Pumpkin Iced Cookie for dessert. (which are huge, soft, and delicious!) 


After lunch I did some AP U.S. History reading and then had a snack. Nothing new, sorry for my lack of variety! We are going grocery shopping tomorrow so I will have some new options. However, I am addicted to having a....Cliff Kid Z-Bar with a Diet Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate. Today I added a tablespoon of Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter to this snack (spread on top of my bar, and the rest on a spoon!) in order to add in some much needed healthy protein and fat.
This evening, my mom, sister, and I went to the mall. I did a little (okay, a lot) of shopping. I bought a pair of boots, a scarf, a pair of knee high socks for school, and a necklace from Forever 21. My sister got 2 pairs of jeans from there. I bought a pair of jeans from Hollister. I also got 2 new bras from H&M and a pair of ballet flats from Nordstroms. My sister also got a few tops and a sweatshirt from Abercrombie.
When we came home, my sister and I made dinner while my mom did some laundry. We were being lazy and we simply threw a Viola! ready-to-make meal in a skillet. Kelly chose Teriyaki Chicken, so that's what we had had! It is made with chicken, snow peas, broccoli, carrots, and water chestnuts with (barely any) rice, and soy sauce. It was actually pretty tasty- but high sodium due to the soy sauce. But it really was worth it! There is ~2.5 servings in the bag, and we split the bag between 3 people. We even had a little leftover, so you do the math on my portion size! Along with dinner we had Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (the small ones, 3= 1 serving). These are a family favorite, but Kelly and I were being lazy and din't wait for the oven to heat before putting them in. They came out pretty gross, and I only had a half of one.
Here is a picture of the package and me stirring the meal.
 Dessert was an obvious- Diana's Banana Baby that I ate before getting a picture. Seriously I cannot stress enough that you MUST MUST MUST find these and try them. So amazingly delicious!!
Night snack/meal was incredibly large today, due to my lack of breakfast and my small dinner. Tonight I was craving some healthy, warm carbs. At first I thought I wanted oatmeal, but then I thought "Nope, RICE!" The small serving of rice at dinner must have teased me! So I took a Minute Ready To Serve container of brown rice (love these, so easy and come out great) and headed it up Then I chopped an Al Fresco Chicken Breakfast Sausage link into the rice. I was rummaging the entire kitchen and cabinets for veggies (we need a grocery shop). I finally found an already-opened bag of some random steamed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli). I heated that up and threw it in! 
I had this stir-fry like meal alongside my normal Yoplait Thick & Creamy and a new Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar. This night meal/snack was healthy and delicious. It pretty much covers everything I consider to be the nutritional bases (protein, fat, carbs, veggies, fruit, dairy), except for fruit. But hey, I had a frozen banana for dessert (who cares if it was covered in milk chocolate?!?)

I think I have been doing better about:
a. eating enough
b. eating a variety
c. listening to my body/cravings and eating what I actually want to eat!
This is a much enjoyed improvement. Let's leave on a happy note and say it's bedtime!

No comments: