Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm back!!


Sorry that I have been MIA. I just needed a break. This weekend was pretty relaxing. So relaxing that I slept through my AP U.S. History test and had to take it during my free block! After class on Saturday I got my hair done. I LOVE it. I decided to go for short bangs, which was a great idea. Here pics of my new doo. 

After my haircut, my mom and I stopped in Whole Foods. We came out with desserts, a new Z-Bar flavor, greek yogurt, peanut butters, and Ethnic Gourmet meals. When we got home I made plans with a friend, who ended up bailing so I had a quiet night in. I had a much needed relaxing weekend.

I am soo glad to be back, that I tried a new bowl of oats this morning! Only problem was- I didn't remember to take a picture until several bites in. I got a quick photo, however I am warning you it is the most disgusting looking, unappetizing oats photo in the history of oatmeal. 
Inside this (disgusting looking) bowl:
*1 packet of Instant Regular Oatmeal
*1/4 c. Fiber 1 Cereal
*About 1/4 c. Blueberries
*1 tsp DaVinci Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
*1/2 packet of Stevia
This was SO good. I am hooked and you will be seeing this ALL THE TIME now! Maybe I will experiment with fruit, and perhaps a tablespoon of peanut butter? YES, I think so!!

I made an important decision last night that I thought I would share with my blog readers so you can better understand some of my posts. I have had a really good week and weekend food-wise, and I really do not want to ruin this. I would like to keep moving forward in my recovery, making it a main priority in my life right now. In order to do so, there are some changes that have to be made. One important one being that I trick myself into thinking that I am going to eat lunch in the dining hall, but then always make an excuse not to. So from now on, I am not going to do this. I know dining hall eating stresses me out, so I am going to make an effort to pack a few snack items to take with me to school incase I get overwhelmed. This being said, I think once a week would be a good goal to set regarding the dining hall. Whether it be lunch or dinner, I would like to have a meal there at least one time per week, starting when I return from Thanksgiving break (which starts Friday!!). I am proud of this decision that I have made, as well as some other ones that came out this weekend. I had a very big accomplishment last night I would also like to share. I have a fear of taking "unauthorized" bites of food. For example, if someone is eating something and offers me a bite, I always refuse. If I am going to eat something I have to plan it out and think about it, and then eat it. Last night my sister was eating berry cheesecake. I asked her if it was good and she responded, "Yes, want a bite?". I spontaneously took a bite of her cheesecake! I know this sounds silly, but it was a HUGE deal for me. (By the way, it was an individual berry cheesecake slice from Whole Foods).
Anyways, moving on to my first day of packing snacks/lunch/whatever you want to call it. Today I sat in my normal spot at the computer lab and enjoyed a new treat from Whole Foods- Justin's Organic Nut Butters. The pack was 1.15 ounces of Honey Peanut Butter.
 It was delicious! I had the peanut butter along with baby carrots and 1/2 Joseph's pita. Justin, Joseph- wow a lot of Js! I also had a Jello Dark Chocolate pudding for my sweet tooth. The high fat/protein content of this meal kept me going through the afternoon.
My afternoon snack was a Low Fat Nutrigran Waffle topped with 1/2 slice of Sargento Reduced Fat Provolone and a Sweet and Salty Nut Almond Bar. I have been missing both of these yummies!!
Mom was getting a manicure, dads away, and Kelly was at choir rehearsal. I had dinner all alone =(
If you can't tell-  love snacky type meals. I had a can (yes, a can) of Campbell Light Italian-Style Vegetable Soup along with unsweetened applesauce, a Frigo Light Cheese Stick for protein, and a Fiber 1 bar.

I am procrastinating writing my A.P English essay on Fredrick Douglass that is due tomorrow- so I will be back with my snack post later (and maybe by essay?)

No comments: