Monday, December 22, 2008

Another christmas in the trenches...


Just a quote from my all-time favorite Christmas movie- Home Alone 2. I know, I'm weird! Turns out I might just have one of those Christmas' myself. Normally we host a big family Christmas party/dinner on Christmas day. We've done it every year since I was little. This year we have cancelled our party, due to the stress around my grandmother being in the hospital. It's all been too crazy lately, and nobody is up to it. We decided instead we will wait until she gets out, and have a party then. 
Anyways, on to the eats!!
First I will give you this morning, and then yesterday. This morning I actually had the same breakfast as yesterday because I loved it so much! When I was little my mom always used to make this for me and my sister on Sunday mornings. You take a piece of bread, cut a whole in the middle, and then fry an egg in the whole. Once you flip the bread/egg, you add cheese on top and let it melt. YUM!! I always fry up the cut out part of the toast and dip that into the egg. My dad, sister, and I made these yesterday morning and I couldn't help but indulge again this morning! I had my egg-holey-bread (whatever you want to call it) with a CranBran Vitatop and some Jasmine Green Tea. (P.S. I love Vitatops. The top of the muffin is my favorite part!)
Here's a quick summary of yesterday. Breakfast was the same as today as you know. After breakfast my mom and I went to get pedicures at our favorite place. After you pedicure, they literally live you a 20-30 min chair massage for free! It's so amazing. They take care of every single part of your body that is tense. After our 2 hour long pedicure, we stopped in Verizon so they could fix the internet on my phone. Also, while we were there we got memory cards. Now my Blackberry holds more pics! YAY!
After we did all this I was STARVING! We decided to stop by Cosi for a quick sandwich. I didn't take a picture, but I had my favorite- a warmed Fire-Roasted Veggie on Etruscan Whole Grain with baby carrots and a Diet Coke. I was going to have a TBM (my other fav) but I decided I was cold and I wanted a nice warm, cheesy sandwich. I love my Fire-Roasted Veggie!!
After lunch we stopped and the grocery store quick and then we went home and relaxed because we were so wiped out from our pedicures! At the grocery store I bought the ingredients to make Turkey Chili. That is what we had for dinner (posted all in the last post). I made it in the Croc Pot and let it simmer for a while. While I was waiting for dinner I got a little hungry so I had a Honey Nut Cherrios Milk and Cereal Bar and an apple. I lovvvve these bars. Although probably not the best choice, they are chocked filled with vitamins and have 25% DV of Calcium. I'll take it!
Dinner was around 7:00 pm. Chili of course I topped my bowl with a dollop of guacamole and light sour cream. I also had a square of cornbread. YUM!
My after dinner dessert was a banana baby of course (unphotographed). I am seriously obsessed with these. You MUST MUST MUST try them!!
After dinner and dessert we had some family TV time. Not an uncommon thing in our household. Around 10 pm or so I made my way into the basement (snack in hand) to watch whatever my little heart desired and relax alone. I like my alone time. I indulged myself for my snack, and had a pop tart and a yogurt.

 I am a poptart fanatic. I lovvvee them. SInce they're so high in cals, I used to avoid them at all costs. But now I figured it won't kill me to eat them in moderation, right? I had a strawberry frosted and a Yoplait Light. After eating this I got real tired, and hit the hay!
That's it for yesterday and this morning. I am sitting in Panera Bread right now with my mom. We like to come here and sit and do our work (of course I am work free until January 5th) because it is a change of scenery. We will probably end up having lunch here, and then I am going to the mall with some friends from my old school. 
Thank god the snow has finally come to a halt!!

No comments: