Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Calci-YUMMM


I couldn't help myself, sorry! I just realized mid-eating that my breakfast was chocked full of Calcium! I went the easy route this morning and followed my mom. My mother has a Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Nut Almond bar every single morning and she has for years now. A bar sounded yummy and easy this morning. I chose a Honey Nut Cherrios Milk and Cereal bar. I knew I needed more than just that to keep me going, so I also included a dessert cup full of cottage cheese and blackberries into my breakfast.

 As I have always been doing lately, I had my Jasmine Green Tea with Stevia to drink. 


There is 25% DV Calcium in the bar and 15% DV Calcium in the cottage cheese. Thats 40% DV Calcium in one measly meal! I'm laughing about this because back in my ED days I had a serious problem with calcium. While most eating disordered girls don't get enough Calcium in their diets, I was getting too much. I became Hypercalcemic. I was pretty much afraid of all food that weren't dairy- it was weird! All I would eat was sugar free puddings, sugar free ice cream, diet hot chocolate, string cheese, broccoli, yogurts, and chocolate vita muffins. Mind you, I ate some other things too but all those dairy products were the basis of my diet. Now I am much happier eating balanced, and I am no longer having calcium issues. In fact, now Calcium is a healthy thing!
I have an appointment near Whole Foods today so hopefully I will be able to make a stop in?

No comments: