Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Frosty the snowman


Is my all-time favorite Christmas movie that I watched today. I love Frosty!
I went grocery shopping with my mom all morning. It literally took us forever. We finally got home around 1:15, $400 and 2 grocery stores later. It was insane. When we got home we organized the refrigerator and freezer while unpacking the groceries. That took a while in itself. When we were at the grocery store, I picked up a premade sandwich that I could eat fast. I heated up some Campbells Light Italian Style Vegetable Soup and had a bowl of that with 1/2 of the very large sandwich. It was yet another soup/sandwich day! What can I say? Soup and sandwich is favorite lunch combo. Seriously, I could eat it everyday!
The sandwich I got was ciabatta bread with mozzarella, spinach, roasted red peppers, and a pesto sauce. It was literally amazing and I would definitely buy it again if I needed something quick (or even if I didn't).
 
And lunch all together with a diet satan....
This was a lot of liquid by the way, my tummy was bloated afterwards!
After lunch I relaxed, talked to some friends, wrapped some presents, and baked. I made a black forest trifle, chocolate chip cookies, and some cupcakes. I took pictures of all the goodies. The cupcake tray picture was hard to decipher, so I took a picture of one cupcake instead.

I made a plate of these babies--

I also made a plate of Christmas chocolate chip cookies--

And a black forest trifle. Made with brownie pieces, whipped topping, cherry pie filling, and shaved chocolate--
I actually made the cupcakes with a can of cranberry seltzer instead of eggs and oil. I always do this and nobody can ever tell! While making these I snacked on this plate of goodies-

A chocolate Vitamuffin and a chocolate covered donette. I also had a mug of black hazelnut coffee.

 Around 6pm we all decided we were famished. We had the Christmas Eve dinner of champions- FROZEN PIZZA. Wow. We're so lame. We had a Primo Chicken Caesar pizza, a Kashi Thin Crust Roasted Vegetable pizza, and my dad had an individual Red Baron French Bread pizza. I had 2 slices (about 1/4 of the pie) of the Kashi Roasted Vegetable. It was definitely a dinner on the light side, but I'll have a bigger night snack later.
 My mom and I both fell in love with this. It was actually delicious! I also indulged in an extra half of a Diet Coke after dinner because, well, it's Christmas Eve and I deserve it! There was also the other dozen of my cupcakes cooling that had not yet been decorated. I snuck one, frosted it and put some festive sprinkles on top. Perfect Christmas Eve dessert!

After eating my cupcake I helped my dad make make-ahead mashed potatoes, an apple pie, and a pumpkin pie. I ended up being starving later from my small dinner, so I has a pouch of Annie's Easy Mac mixed with broccoli and peppers. This definitely fixed my hunger. A little later on I had a yogurt too. I didn't take a picture of these two snacks because I figured you know what they look like.

We're getting up early at 7 AM so I am off to bed! There will probably be no post or pics tomorrow due to craziness. Merry Christmas!!

No comments: